RAG on Mental Health
The Rotary action group on mental health initiatives, as the name suggests, promotes mental health and wellness.
The district action group on mental health initiatives (DAGMHI RID 3030 India) has been formed to promote the same & It’s first district chapter in the world.
We try to have a shared vision among the Rotarians & non Rotarians who believe in promoting mental health and Wellness in our society. We want people to imbibe in their minds that mental illness is treatable and preventable. We want to promote the same through various projects, activities and toolkits.
DAGMHI will work as a resource centre for the district (free of charge).
Aabha Pimprikar — President
Champion School at a Glance
- To have a shared vision among a group of Rotarians who believe in promoting mental health and wellness in society.
- Mental illness is the number one cause of disability world-wide and second leading cause of death (according to WHO). DAGMHI believe this issue needs to be addressed.
- Remove Stigma: Communities will learn that mental illness can be talked about without being stigmatised.
- Mental illness is treatable and treatment is accessible.
- Promote the knowledge that mental illness is preventable.
- To encourage all Clubs in RID 3030 to form ‘mental health committees’ (with Chairperson and members) and initiate programs/projects/webinars on the myriad aspects of mental health.
- To assist Clubs with program ideas and speakers.
- To conduct district level activities (competitions, social media campaigns, webinars) and invite Clubs to join in.
- Offer training in Basic Counselling skills to school teachers to help students.
- Short term goals:
- To aid clubs across RID 3030 form mental health committee
- To provide resources to the clubs so that they can conduct awareness programs.
- To encourage each club to conduct at least one such program.
- Long term goals:
- To spread the MHI activity pan India
Board of Directors
Chief Editor: Mind Matters
Dr. Aabha Pimprikar
Editor: Mind Matters
RC Nasik Grapecity
Dr. Pratiksha Mayee
RC Nagpur Downtown
RC Nagpur Vision
Dr. Shantala Bhole
Director NEWS Letter
RC Nagpur Vision
Dr. Smita Hantodkar
Director Print media
Director Speakers Meet
RC Hirai Chandrapur
RC Nagpur North